Saturday, January 23, 2010

Egg Retrievel

My ER was yesterday and it was horrible. I woke up screaming in pain. I was bleeding and oozing so they needed to pack my insides with gauze which was causing a lot of pressure and pain. They had me relax for about and hour hoping that the bleeding would stop and they could take all the packing out this did not go according to plan though. When they first brought be back in they tried removing everything w/o anesthesia but I couldn't stand the pain so they had to put me under again but the bleeding did not stop so they couldn't remove the packing. They sent me home finally at 2:00 when I had a 9:15 retrieval with instructions to stay in bed and return in the AM for them to try to take the packing out again and see if I needed stitches. I was in a lot of pain last night but I actually slept a lot which was good. I woke up in morning and saw that I bled though a pad and I guess from all the packing I also had an "accident". It was HORRIBLE!!!!

I went back in the morning for 6:45 AM and they put me back under and took all the packing out and put in a few stitches. I feel 100 times better today and I stopped bleeding. MY ET is scheduled for Wed and hopefully that will go smoothly.

FERT. REPORT: They only retrieved 7 eggs and as of this morning only 4 fertilized.
I am very upset about the low numbers but it is out of my hands, I am just hoping that the 4 keep dividing and that they are genetically correct.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I'm so sorry to hear the ER was so bad. Wow. I can't even imagine the pain you were in. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    Sometimes we get caught up in the numbers, but like my RE always says, it's not about the quantity, it's about quality.

    I will pray that those four that fetilized will continue to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have never heard such a horrible experience at an ER! I hope you get to feeling better and that those retrieved will be your ticket!! Best wishes.

    Christina
    http://subfertilefrugalista.blogspot.com
    iclw

    ReplyDelete