Saturday, September 26, 2009

Our Story

I've decided to start a blog to document the most difficult time in my life. I thought this would be a good way to express all the emotions I have floating around in my body.

My husband Eric and I have been together 5 1/2 years and we recently just celebrated our 2 year anniversary on September 2nd. We have a 2 yr old Shih Tzu named Paige who currently is the princess of the family. We started trying for a baby exactly 1 year ago. We got pregnant the first month and we were so excited to start our family but that was short lived when I miscarried at 5w6d. We assumed it was just a fluke and started trying again a month later we no luck. We tried for another 6 months but I still wasn't knocked up but then on Mother's Day I took a HPT and it was positive. Once again we were so excited but I was very nervous. I was exhausted and had morning sickness from the start and my husband kept assuring me this was a good sign and this baby was going to stick. But sure enough I misscarried again at 5w6d. I had switched OBGYN's since the first loss and this Dr. also felt it was probably just a fluke but to be sure I should collect the tissue I passed and they would have it tested to see why I lost my baby. Of course being it was so early on the lab said the speciman was too small to be tested so my Dr. had my husband and I tested for all different genetic disorders. That's when we found out my husband has a reciprocal translocation. She had explained my options and had me see a genetic counselor. By the time I saw the genetic counselor we already decieded we did not want to continue to try naturally and would go see a RE and start our journey of IVF.

We had our 1st appt. with the RE on 8/4/09 who explained that we would need IVF w/PGD. Since then my husband has had a SA which revealed that he also has Sperm Morphology so we will also have to do ICSI. KNock on wood everything looks great on my end according to my RE I have a beautiful uterus and my ovaries look great. At least we have that going for us, right? We currently are waiting on the probes to be built for the PGD. I was told it can take anywhere from 6-12 weeks and it'll be 6 weeks on Monday that the blood was taken. I'm hoping they will call soon so we will be that much closer to moving foward with hopefully a successful cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment